Juicer machines are getting more popular by the year, and it is now more common to see these kitchen appliances as staples for many families. This is great news given that these devices were once seen as a little strange, and something that only ‘out-there’ health fanatics used. With modern understanding of nutrition, we now know how fresh juice can be a great addition to our diet and health; children and adults alike.
The Breville BJE 200XL provides excellent value for the money. It’s a whole lot of awesome for under $100.
If you are looking to find one of the best juicers on the market, but are unfamiliar with the different styles of machine available, such as centrifugal juicer, masticating juicers, and triturating juicers, then I recommend checking out out other article what is the best juice to get educated about which type is best for you. Since there are three styles of juice extractor, I will recommend my #1 favorite for each style, and also show how that lines up with reviews in at Amazon.
Best Centrifugal Juicers on the Market
I have tried a number of centrifugal juice machines, and there is one brand that stands a head and shoulders above other brands on a number of levels. This brand is Breville:
- Their juicers are very well-built. The machines are a very solid, kind of like the ‘German cars of juicing machines’. These juicers rarely have troubles in the first few years, they look good, and they will love you long-time.
- Their motors are among the most powerful for juicers. Providing 14,000 to 18,000 RPMs. Compare this with some other centrifugal machines that only provide 3,000 to 6000 RPMs. The Jack LaLanne Juicer, for example, only provides 3,500 RPM’s of power and struggles a little with tough vegetables (carrots, beets) , but the Breville machines juice them as if they are not there. This means considerably less arm power is needed.
- Because of their sheer power, they juice faster than all other machines. Yep, it’s true.
- You don’t here stories about how their customer service sucks. Although this probably has something to so with the fact that their machine work great, so there is less people calling them 🙂
So, the 2 Breville models that I recommend are:
1) The Breville 800JEXL, their highest quality machine. This machine super good -looking, housed in stainless steel. See below.
2) The Breville BJE200XL, their budget model that stands apart from many of the centrifugal juice machines on the market that are more expensive. This is actually one of the best rated juicers on amazon.
The Breville BJE200XL
The Breville BJE 200XL provides excellent value for money and is my #1 choice for the best juicer on the market in terms of value for money
Buy The Breville BJE200XL at Amazon.com
The Breville 800JEXL
The Breville 800JEXL is raw power that can juice just about anything like it wasn’t even there.
Buy The Breville 800JEXL at Amazon.com
Best Masticating Juicers on the Market
The Top 3
If you have already read about what we have to say about masticating juicers (if not you can read it here), then you will know that they produce more nutritious juice and higher juice yields than centrifugal juicers. Masticating machines are for those who want to take their juicing up a notch.
Picking out the best masticating juicers is a harder task than picking out the best centrifugal machines. There are a number of high quality masticating juicers to choose from, and this is probably because people expect more from them. As one would expect, these machines are, typically speaking, more expensive than centrifugal juicers.
Fortunately, there are several masticating juicers that take the edge, for their ease of use, ease clean up, and their staying power. We are going to choose three, two models by the Omega company, and one by Hurom. When it comes to centrifugal juicers, the Omega company do ok, but they don’t have the edge on Breville. However, Omega are revered for their masticating machines as the reviews on amazon clearly show – you will see how they all get at least 4 stars, and they all have at least 200 reviews.. Their 2 most well-rated machines are the Omega 8006 (their newest machine in the 8000 model line), and the Omega VRT350 (the newest in the VRT model line).
The Omega 8006
The Omega 8000 series has passed the test of time, and has been the #1 selling masticating juicer for 10 years
Buy The Omega 8006 at Amazon.com
The Omega VRT350
The Omega VRT takes the standard ‘horizontal’ design of masticating juicer and turns things upright. Low-speed for great juice yields.
Best Triturating Juicer on the Market
My Top Choice
Triturating juicer machines take the quality level of juice made, up a tiny notch from masticating machines. They use 2 gears (also called augers), rather than the one in masticating machines, to ‘chew” that extra level of juice and nutrition out of fruits, veggies, wheatgrass and herbs. Well, they can juice just about any plant you put in them!
Naturally, the extra quality means that they are a little more expensive than masticating juicers; these are elite level juicing machines. They can get crazy expensive, such as the $1000 dollar ‘Super Angel Juicer’, which is made completely of stainless steel. However, we have used one machine that is excellent, is solid as a rock, and can juice non stop for hours on end if need be. This is the Green Star Juicer. Not only can this machine squeeze excellent juice yields out of plants as thin as wheatgrass, you can make a varity of other foods in it too. Foods such as nut butters, sorbets and baby foods, and you can grind nuts and seeds to create your own nut butters, like almond or peanut butter.
The Green Star GSE-5000
Doubles as food mill. Make baby food, nut butters and sorbets too!